Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
At North Tampa Dentistry, our goal is to engage our patients to be active in their oral healthcare—starting with preventive procedures like routine dental checkups and exams so that we can identify and diagnose dental issues before they become serious.
Dr. Bellegarrigue and our entire dental team believe that patient education is critical in keeping your smile healthy. We will always take the time to answer any questions or concerns and are happy to further patient interest in oral health. Patients who are engaged in their dental health are more likely to be invested in routine care.
Many of the questions we frequently hear are listed below, but we know patients may have further questions. If so, please don't hesitate to contact us at (813) 968-5368 or email us using our convenient online contact form.
- Do you offer regular dental cleanings and exams?
- When should I get a dental crown instead of a filling?
- What are my tooth replacement options?
- How can I tell if I have gum disease?
- Am I a good candidate for dental implants?
- When is a tooth extraction needed?
- My tooth is broken. Can it be fixed with just a filling?
- My tooth is broken and it's starting to hurt. What will I need to do to fix my tooth?
- My tooth is badly broken. How do I know if it can be fixed, or if I need a dental implant?
- I'm thinking about getting a dental implant. How do I know if I need a bone graft with it?
- Is it okay to brush your teeth three times a day?
- Can you rinse with water after brushing your teeth?
- How long do dental crowns last?
- What are dental sealants?
- How long do dental sealants last?
- What type of toothpaste should I buy?
- What is better, a manual toothbrush, or an electric one?
- How often should I go to the dentist?
- How often should I floss?
- I have dental anxiety. How can you help?
- Are whitening strips effective?
- How does my dental health affect my overall health?
- What can I do about my constant bad breath?