Is it time for your next dental exam? Looking forward to going to the dentist office? While many people actually do not mind going to see their dentist for their regular dental exams, there are others who would rather skip their dental exam altogether. Unfortunately, there are many consequences to those who do not make it a goal to schedule regular dental exams in order to keep up with their good oral health. Because regular dental exams are an essential part of preventative dental care there are a few ways that people can prepare for their next dental exam so that they are more likely to go.
Finding a dentist who really cares about you and your good oral health is an essential part of wanting to schedule and go to your next regular dental exam.
A dental exam is simply an opportunity for an experienced dentist to thoroughly look at someone’s mouth in order to make sure that they are in good oral health. A check for cavities will be performed as well as a check for gum disease. If the dentist has any suggestions they feel they can offer the patient that will help to improve their overall oral health then they will do so at this time. According to the Mayo Clinic, even patients who no longer have their natural teeth should still ask their dentist how often they recommend coming in for their regular dental exam, with most recommendations being somewhere between six months and 18 months.
5 ways to prepare for a dental exam
The following are five ways that can help someone prepare for their next dental exam. When someone is prepared to do something they are much more likely to follow through!
- Understanding how important oral health is to one’s overall health can be a huge motivator.
- Researching what happens to people who do not schedule regular dental exams may be beneficial to understanding what can happen to someone’s mouth when it is not properly taken care of by an experienced dentist.
- Scheduling a dental exam should be done at a time that is very convenient for the patient so they are more apt to not cancel. Planning something fun to do after the dental exam can give the patient something to look forward to.
- Bringing things that can provide a distraction while waiting in the dentist office is a great way to calm one’s nerves. This can include bringing an interesting book to read, crossword puzzles, playing fun apps on one’s cell phone and even bringing a trusted friend.
- In between dental exams writing down any questions about the teeth, mouth, lips, etc. is a great idea as these questions can be asked during the next dental exam.
Importance of dental checkupsRegular dental exams are important to your oral health, which is why you are supposed to see your dentist for dental checkups at least twice a year. The oral exams are also …
A dental cleaning is necessary to remove the tartar and plaque built up on the teeth and gums over time. The dentist uses specialized tools to eliminate these unsavory particles with efficiency and minimal, if …
Proper dental cleanings and examinations can keep your teeth clean and eliminate early signs of decay. Dental Cleaning and ExaminationsPreventative care is important for staying cavity and infection free. We provide dental cleanings and examinations so …
How often do you see your dentist? The majority of people fully understand how important it is to see their dentist on a regular basis. Taking good care of your teeth is one of the …