Several factors contribute to tooth discoloration, including dietary choices (coffee, tea, wine, and bright sauces), smoking, and aging. Fortunately, professional teeth whitening can reduce or eliminate brown and yellow tooth stains to renew your smile.
Why Choose Professional Teeth Whitening in North Tampa?
Your dentist in North Tampa recommends whitening your teeth under the directions of a dental professional for several reasons, including:
- Abrasive products
- Gum and tooth health
- Poor or uneven results
- Ongoing tooth sensitivity
Abrasive products can erode your tooth enamel, which leaves you vulnerable to cavities, and it can actually give your teeth a yellow appearance despite your efforts to lighten your smile.
You also want to be happy with your results. Many store-bought systems can leave you wanting.
Additionally, your dentist will not whiten unless your teeth and gums are in good shape for the procedure. When you whiten on your own, this is not possible. You may end up with a toothache or tooth sensitivity that does not improve.
Why Charcoal Teeth Whitening Is Not Recommended
With charcoal teeth whitening there are a number of drawbacks and dangers that you may not have considered.
- Abrasive—Charcoal toothpaste and whitening products are abrasive. The grittiness can harm your enamel.
- Flecking—Charcoal pastes and gels can leave behind flecks of gray or black, giving your teeth a speckled appearance.
- Sensitivity—Any gritty pastes or gels can wear away enamel, scratch the gums, and leave you with tooth pain.
- Restorations—Just as charcoal can scratch the gums and enamel, it can also be harmful to your restorations.
Arrange Your Professional Teeth Whitening Near Me Today
We encourage you to trust your smile health and aesthetics to dental professionals.
Our dental team provides safe and effective teeth whitening and cosmetic dentistry for patients in all locations, including North Tampa, Lake Magdalene, Hamlet, Brentwood, Carrollwood, and Lutz. If you have questions about how to pay for professional teeth whitening treatments, which many patients find affordable, call us or visit our Financial Info page for information on payment options.