Are you experiencing a dental emergency? If so, the last thing you want to hear is scolding or nagging; this is the absolute worse time to get a lecture! We always treat our patients without judgment and with kindness and compassion. If you are experiencing a dental emergency, here are some steps you can take:
- Don't panic!
- Contact North Tampa Dentistry
- If your tooth is knocked out, keep it moist by holding it in your mouth (do not swallow)
- If you are worried about a broken tooth, do not apply any pressure to it
- Apply a cold compress to your face if you have been injured
Avoiding Dental Emergencies
There are some steps you can take in the future to help minimize last-second trips to your emergency dentist in Tampa.
Diligent and meticulous oral hygiene coupled with regular dental checkups and exams is the number one way to keep your smile healthy and hassle-free. During each of your dental visits, Dr. Bellegarrigue will examine your teeth and gums to identify any issues, as well as check your dental crown, fillings, dentures, bridge, and dental implant to make sure they're all in perfect condition.
Common actions you can take to keep your emergency trip to the dentist to a minimum are:
- Wearing a mouthguard during sports or physical activities
- Never chew ice, hard candy, and popcorn kernels to avoid cracking a tooth
- Don't use your teeth to open packages or bottles
- Take vitamins and supplements to maintain your oral health and strength
- Never neglect your oral health
- Replace your toothbrush when it starts looking worn
- Floss daily
- Avoid or reduce your sugary treats and beverages
- Drink water to stay hydrated
Dental Emergency Services We Offer
We provide the following standard dental emergency services for you and your family right here at our Tampa dental office:
- Repair dentures
- Replace fillings
- Repair dental crowns
- Dental extractions
- Root canal treatment
Don't Hesitate to Call Us
If you are experiencing dental pain, ear pain, or any pain in your oral structures, don't delay in calling us. Unlike headaches or cramps, tooth pain doesn't fade away if you wait long enough. The bitter and unfortunate truth is that it just gets worse and worse. The good news is that your emergency dentist, Dr. Roberto Bellegarrigue, can help alleviate your pain and treat the source of it.
We are here to help, not judge. Never feel embarrassed or reluctant to get your teeth and gums looked at. We want all our patients to be healthy and happy!