Maintaining proper techniques for an excellent oral homecare routine is essential for the overall health of your teeth and gums.
Brushing your teeth the right way can ensure that you remove as much plaque build-up from your teeth and gums as possible, which can reduce the risk of periodontal disease and tooth decay.
The Best Way to Brush Your Teeth
Getting the maximum benefits from daily brushing can depend on your technique. Here are some helpful tips:
- Hold your toothbrush at a 45° angle along the gum line
- Brush your teeth using a back and forth motion
- Brush all sides of your teeth, front and back
- Brush your gums, the roof of your mouth, and tongue
- Brush your teeth for a minimum of two minutes
- Brush twice a day—morning and night
Preventative Dental Care in North Tampa
Even the most meticulous brushers and flossers still need the assistance of their preventive dentist. Dental cleanings in Tampa allow us to eliminate plaque buildup that your toothbrush can't address.
At North Tampa Dentistry, we can help our patients avoid painful dental emergencies as much as possible through preventive dental care. Regular dental cleanings and exams allow us to identify any underlying issues that could create major problems down the road.
If it's been a long time since your last dental visit, don't hesitate to call us! We are always available to help you.