Your teeth work as a team, with every member being dispensable. So, when one teammate is lost, your remaining teeth work harder to take up the slack. But if Dr. Roberto Bellegarrigue has recommended dental implants in Tampa, you can rest assured that you're receiving an excellent teeth replacement option that will restore your team's original strength and prowess.
Part of our mission at North Tampa Dentistry is to ensure that you understand the procedure to promote healing and success. The good news is that dental implants have a better than 95% success rate overall. To bolster that rate, Dr. Bellegarrigue has been placing dental implants since 2006, so you'd be hard-pressed to find a nearby dentist for implants with more skill and expertise.
Step-by-Step Dental Implant Procedure
Once we determine you're a good candidate for a dental implant, we begin with precise planning for your implant's location. Then, we begin the procedure itself, which progresses step by step:
- The whole procedure takes between 20 minutes and an hour.
- First, Dr. Bellegarrigue will numb the implantation area, so you are comfortable during surgery.
- Then, after making a small incision in your gums, he places the implant screw into your jawbone.
- Your jaw will heal around the implant in a process called osseointegration, which means it becomes part of your bone.
- When your healing is complete, Dr. Bellegarrigue can add your implant abutment, which is customized to whatever your final dental restoration will be; a dental crown, implant-supported bridge, or denture.
Is It Painful to Have Dental Implants?
Dental implant surgery is considered minor and takes place on an outpatient basis. Our experienced dental team will ensure you're numbed up, so you don't feel the surgery. Our Tampa, FL dentist office offers televisions in treatment rooms so you can be pleasantly distracted during your procedure.
Most patients experience mild soreness for a few days after surgery, and their overall healing period will vary from patient to patient.
Contact Us for Dental Implants in North Tampa
An advantage of receiving dental implants with North Tampa Dentistry is our extensive experience and use of only the best in dental implant technology. We encourage you to contact our dental office today to learn more about the best tooth replacement option.